1. The initial meeting to determine whether we are a good match to work together. Review the general process of buying.
1. Mortgage Pre-approval
2. Home search
3. Home viewing process
7. Home inspections
8. The Purchase & Sale Contract
9. Mortgage Commitment
10. The closing.
2. Home search - research homes based on the given criteria
3. Viewing appointment(s) - Please be on time for all appointments. If you are going to be late, please call me in advance. Please rate each home that was viewed. We will then decide if they should remain on your possibility list.
4. Offers - When you have found the home that fits your needs, we will then meet and discuss the offer and submit it on an offer form. A check in the amount of $1,000.00 is to be given with all offers. The next step after an offer is submitted, we wait for either a rejection, counter-offer or acceptance.
5. When the offer is accepted:
Home inspections - 10 day window of opportunity to have the various home inspections performed on the property;
1. General home inspection
2. Mold inspection
3. Radon inspection
4. Lead paint inspection
5. Any other inspection you want pertaining to the condition of the property.
Re-negotiations- (if necessary) to be determined if there is an undisclosed major structural damage brought to your attention by the various home inspections performed.
6. The Purchase & Sales (also known as P & S) - You will have 10 days from the acceptance of offer to sign and submit additional deposit in the form of a bank and or cashier’s check. This is your legal contract to purchase the home. You are legally obligated from this point on unless your mortgage commitment is not satisfied.
7. The Mortgage Commitment - it is imperative that you furnish all documents requested by your mortgage broker in a timely fashion. This will ensure that you will meet all dates and deadlines pertaining to your contract.
8. The closing - The closing date will be determined at the time of the written offer. The time and location is at the discretion of the banks attorney. You will be advised of when, where and what to bring, as the time gets closer.
It is very important that you adhere to all dates, time and agreements throughout this process. In addition, it is extremely important that you make NO MAJOR PURCHASE during this time without discussing it with your mortgage broker. If at any time, you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via cell phone and or by email.
This outline is provided as a courtesy by: